January is almost over but we have been very busy since our return after Christmas. 2018 has brought a closure because of snow and a day’s In-service to facilitate staff training. All staff gathered and learned from N.C.S.E. (National Council for Special Education) regarding Autism and Challenging Behaviour and all aspects of Special Education.
- Pupils from senior classes are busy preparing for the Credit Union Quiz. Tiarnach’s has a good record of success in this competition over the years. Go n-éirí an t-ádh leo go léir.
- 3rd – 6th classes are rolling and tumbling each Thursday as they spend their time with Gymnastic Coaches. Junior classes will enjoy this later in the year.
- 6th class have participated in Enterprise Workshops. Pupils come together, brain storm, develop a concept, a business plan and co-operatively work and develop together. This will be ongoing for quite a while. Watch out for the budding entrepreneurs!!
- Wild Wednesdays Club – about 40 children from a range of classes enjoy an after schools club of sport, drama, art, cookery, ICT and FUN!!
- And in every class it’s down to hard work, Literacy, Numeracy, Science and of course Gaeilge. Gaelbhratach Committee keep us on our toes and every Wednesday all children and all teachers take part in a selection of fun/action/learning Irish activities. Gach Ceadaoin, I ngach rang tríd na scoile.
And finally we welcome newly enrolling Junior Infants. Parents and children are welcome to call, visit the school and see what fun and learning awaits!